Have you ever considered working in a self-employed capacity?
Many prospective entrepreneurs are often put off working in a self-employed capacity due to the hassle of setting up in business, registering for Class 2 NIC’s and preparing accounts and statutory returns. At FS Commercial, we have developed a solution which allows you to operate freely in a self-employed capacity without the administrative burden associated with a corporate business structure.
How does it work?
Genuine self-employment means that you will engage with FS Commercial in a business to business relationship working independently. This means that you have a duty to contact HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) when you become self-employed and have a responsibility to account for your own tax and National Insurance Contributions. It will also be necessary for you to take out appropriate insurance cover appropriate to your business.
What are benefits of operating as an Independent Contractor?
- You will be treated as a business in your own right. This means that you will enjoy more flexibility over how and where you perform your services. You can also expect to receive increased take-home pay.
- We promise to pay you on time every week/month.
- We will ask you to sign a Contract for Services, which sets out the terms under which you will be contracting with FS Commercial. This is an important document as it sets out our obligations to your business and your obligations to FS Commercial. You should read the contract carefully.
- Our contract has been confirmed by independent lawyers as one of self-employment. By signing the contract you can be assured that you are legitimately self employed.
- We will take care of all day-to-day administration by contracting with the agency direct and preparing invoices under self-billing arrangements.
- We will provide you with a payment and deduction statement each month.
- Because our service is fully tax compliant, you will not need to worry about complex tax legislation.
- We do not charge a set-up or termination fee.
- You can take advantage of specific tax deductions available only to the self-employed when preparing accounts.
- We will perform a calculation to arrive at the correct amount due to you using the rate agreed with the agency less our margin.
If you want the flexibility of self-employment without the hassle of preparing accounts and dealing with HMRC yourself, you can take advantage of our Tax Management Service for a small increase in our margin. Please contact one of our advisers if you would like to learn more about this opportunity.
What do I do next?
Call us on 0151 203 8647 or click here to contact us online.